Solent Acoustics are pleased to announce our next professional conference, “Acoustics in the Built Environment”.
Following on from the success of last year’s conference “Noise in Music and Entertainment”, this one day event targets professionals in the Built Environment sector who would like to learn more about the acoustic issues faced by building projects from design to construction and beyond.
The event will involve presentations from 4 prominent keynote speakers, along with an open questions panel, and will be relevant to Architects, Architectural Technologists, Building Control Officers, Chartered Surveyors, Environment Health Officers, Health and Safety officers and Site Managers as well as Acousticians.
Subjects covered will include:
- What makes a building fail on pre-completion testing and how to prevent it.
- Legislative requirements and issues for conventional and unusual builds (non-domestic issues, listed buildings, ‘common’ spaces in apartment buildings).
- Noise and noise monitoring in construction and demolition sites
- Acoustic issues in specialist and non-domestic buildings (Aesthetics, Acoustic Privacy, Technological Solutions).
- Nick Jones (Hilson Moran)
- Phil McIlwain (Wisemill Acoustics)
- Kyriakos Papanagiotou (KP Acoustics)
- Jonty Stewart (Wight Noise)
Click here to find out more about our keynote speakers.
The event will take place at the Solent Conference Centre, Southampton Solent University, on Friday 4 April 2014.
Registration is free for delegates, and includes conference pack, trade exhibition, coffee and lunch. CPD certification is offered for the event.
Register quickly and easily:
Event Gold Sponsor:
And partnered with:
Also Sponsored by: