Southampton Solent University was pleased to host the Audio Engineering Society’s Up Your Output! event this past weekend (18th & 19th of March), co-organised by ISVR, University of Southampton. This annual event, which has run since 2011, offered students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn, network, and develop both friendships and career opportunities.
In many cases the use of hearing protection is essential for protecting yourself from loud and potentially dangerous noise, but there are many different types of hearing protection available for many different scenarios. Knowing which type of protection is the most appropriate for you is important, the guide below should help you to make a more informed decision about which to be using and when.
Here at Southampton Solent University we were lucky enough to have a brand new hemi-anechoic chamber opened on May 2013. Take a look around in the interactive street-view image below, or hit continue reading to see some higher quality images of our equipment.
Solent Acoustics are pleased to announce our next professional conference, “Acoustics in the Built Environment”.
Following on from the success of last year’s conference “Noise in Music and Entertainment”, this one day event targets professionals in the Built Environment sector who would like to learn more about the acoustic issues faced by building projects from design to construction and beyond.
The event will involve presentations from 4 prominent keynote speakers, along with an open questions panel, and will be relevant to Architects, Architectural Technologists, Building Control Officers, Chartered Surveyors, Environment Health Officers, Health and Safety officers and Site Managers as well as Acousticians.
Subjects covered will include:
- What makes a building fail on pre-completion testing and how to prevent it.
- Legislative requirements and issues for conventional and unusual builds (non-domestic issues, listed buildings, ‘common’ spaces in apartment buildings).
- Noise and noise monitoring in construction and demolition sites
- Acoustic issues in specialist and non-domestic buildings (Aesthetics, Acoustic Privacy, Technological Solutions).
- Nick Jones (Hilson Moran)
- Phil McIlwain (Wisemill Acoustics)
- Kyriakos Papanagiotou (KP Acoustics)
- Jonty Stewart (Wight Noise)
The event will take place at the Solent Conference Centre, Southampton Solent University, on Friday 4 April 2014.
Registration is free for delegates, and includes conference pack, trade exhibition, coffee and lunch. CPD certification is offered for the event.
Register quickly and easily: